Friday, November 7, 2008

Long overdue

So since I'm horrible about updating my blog, I have a lot to recap. Let's see...where to start....the last week of July I got very sick and was throwing up all night Sunday and again on Wednesday. I went to Patient First, did some blood work, and got some medicine to help prevent vomiting. Then I slept all day Thursday. I started to get a real bad pain in my lower right side and it would not go away, so I went back to Patient First and did more blood work. They didn't like what they saw so they sent me to the emergency room at Henrico Doctor's Hospital. Once getting there I laid around for awhile trying to get some relief with morphine and they did more blood work. I had to have an abdominal CT scan, so I was able to partake of the wonderfully disgusting contrast. That alone made me want to vomit again. Alas by about 6:00 at night we were able to determine that my gall bladder was infected and had stones. I needed to have surgery. So they kept me overnight and did surgery first thing Saturday the morning, and I had to stay overnight again and finally went home Sunday morning. It was an interesting hospital stay but not too bad. The worst part about the whole thing was that it was Nathan's birthday weekend. We had planned a small get together and had to cancel. what a great birthday weekend I gave him. I had about a weeks worth of recovery then i went back to work the next week, midweek. Things are much better now. The doctor told me after the surgery that I had 4 of the biggest gall stones he had ever seen and if I had waited another week to have surgery, my gall bladder could have burst. Man am I thankful for being sick that week before!!!


About the same time I was about to go back to work, Nathan started his new job with Dominion VA Power as a Groundman. He started mid August. The first 6 months are a trial/probation period. When people ask him if he likes his new job, he says "No, I Love It!!!" What a blessing! We are so thankful for this change in our lives. He has much better hours with an occasional on-call shift. They have great benefits and so many routes to move up within the company.

With every new home purchase comes new problems and things to do. About the beginning of Sept we started to notice a leak coming from our masterbathroom into our living room. We had someone come look at it twice, come to find out neither of them fixed the actual problem. So about mid September we noticed the leak area getting bigger, so Nathan removed the toilet and tore up the lanolium flooring. Sure enough the toilet had been leaking and part of the wood floor was rotting. So we decided to redo our entire bathroom. We are still in the process of finishing it up. Nathan has repainted it a wonderful green color. I picked out some tile for the floor which Nathan and my dad have put it. All that's left is to do the grout, put the toilet back, and finish the painting above the shower. It has been a long process and we are so ready for it to be finished. Once it is finished, I will post some pictures!
We are enjoying having our little Sophie around. She's about 11mos. old and just as cute as can be. We took her last month and had her professionally groomed. She looked so cute afterwards. They gave her a glow in the dark halloween bandana. It was priceless.
I'm normally not one of those people that puts their dog in clothing, but she is just too cute in them. So we got her a little inmate costume for Halloween and she just looked fabulous. She even liked it herself.
She really has become a part of our family and we can't imagine what life would be like without her. Well that seems to be all that I can think of at the moment. Life sure has been busy though. I promise to be much better about updating. I will work on at least once a month! Until next time.....

2 comments:

G Sauce said...

I was just thinking I bet Whit hasn't updated the blog, but I checked anyways! I was pleasantly surprised!! It has officially been wayyyy to long since I have seen you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brady and Rachel said...

GOSH WHIT! Crazy last few months but SOOOOOOOO glad the docs figured it out and you had surgery. Glad recovery went well. Sophie is definitely a cute dog. The boys want a dog SOOOO bad, but we'll have to wait till we get a house. I'm excited to see the new bathroom too. Glad to see the update!